Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Final Project

For my final project, I have decided to make an interactive, multimedia version of the classic kids book, "Where's Waldo". The DVD will be divided into 5-7 short video clips, roughly 30", with each clips depicting separate places in which the user will need to find "Waldo".
I will have the camera tilt and pan across various locations and hidden among the people and objects will be an actor (a friend of mine) dressed as the classic character Waldo from the children's books. He will be semi-hidden so the user has a good chance of finding him while scanning the moving scenery. The user will have the option of watching each clip as many times as they like until they find Waldo.
This DVD will be much more of an interactive game than a video, however I think it will be more fun that way. Depending on the amount of time I end up having I will couple each clip with another video of the same location with a varying degree of difficulty. This might sound a little ambitious, but I think I should be able to pull it off.